Humans aren’t the only ones who benefit from adding supplements to their diet. Pets benefit from added nutritional support to help them look and feel great.
Supplements are particularly important when it comes to essential fatty acids (omega-3s and omega-6s). We believe our Omega Plus King Salmon Oil is the superfood supplement that should be included in every pet’s diet (unless advised otherwise by your vet). Keep reading to find out why…
Why supplement essential fatty acids?
Supplements are particularly important when it comes to essential fatty acids – specifically omega-3s and omega-6s because your pet is unable to generate them for themselves (Lenox, 2016). By supplementing your pet’s diet with food (or oil) that contains omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, you’re supporting their brain health, skin and coat health, joint mobility, heart health, eye health, immunity, growth, and behaviour. To learn more about the benefits of supplementing omega-3s and omega-6s in your pet’s diet check out this article.
Marine-based foods, like salmon, are the best sources of long chain omega-3s EPA and DHA (the essential omega-3 fatty acids). Long chain omegas are made up of more molecules than their short chain counterparts and can be used by the body for more purposes. Darker flesh fish like salmon also have a higher total fat count than lighter flesh fish. A large portion of their fat is made up of omega-3 fatty acids which means they also tend to have the highest level of omega-3s. Fatty fish is also an excellent source of an essential omega-6 fatty acid AA (arachidonic acid) which is crucial for cats who lack the enzyme needed to produce it for themselves.
“I just put a couple of drops on their dry food and there’s nothing left. They just love it.” – Karen
What makes Omega Plus King Salmon Oil “the superfood supplement”?
- Omega Plus King Salmon Oil is a tasty, all round body nourishing natural fish oil additive supplement that supports the skin, coat, hips, joints, heart, and immune system of cats and dogs.
- As a premium fish oil, the liquid formula is loaded with powerful omega fatty acids, particularly omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA. It supports your pet’s overall health and wellness and helps them stay in great shape. The rich omegas in our King Salmon Oil help aid hip, joint, heart, and immune function to help your pet thrive every day.
- It’s perfect for your pet’s skin and coat! If your pet has dry skin, a dull shedding coat, hot spots, or itching and irritation, our King Salmon Oil provides relief and nourishment. Your pet will never have looked better!
- Our King Salmon Oil goes great with any meal. All it takes is a few pumps and it mixes nicely with your dog or cat’s normal food. They will lick the bowl clean every time!
- Omega Plus King Salmon Oil is made from sustainably sourced NZ King Salmon, sourced from the crystal clear waters of the Marlborough Sounds.
- It’s NZ made and GMO free!
Here’s what some of our customers have to say about our King Salmon Oil…
“I not so long ago purchased your salmon oil supplement for my girls and the difference I’m seeing is incredible! During these winter months Kara’s fur gets really bad (when she starts to moult) I think it’s because of how fine it is, but because she’s double coated her inner coat clumps/mats together even if we brush her regularly! ….. We’ve been using your supplement and dry biscuits and honestly there’s no mats and her fur is so sleek and shiny – we’ve had no problems whatsoever! I can run my fingers through her coat and find no clumped fur! I really think it’s your food/supplement that’s made the whole difference
“We started using this to help with our dog’s hip dysplasia. He has shown great improvement. His fur and everything is benefiting too. We love it.” – Georgina
“My cat has been over grooming on her stomach for months. I started her on salmon oil and she has stopped, the hair is growing back. Both my cats seem to love the taste.” – Carolin
“My toy poodle has developed arthritis and sometimes her knee gives her problems. I have added this to her breakfast and she is so much happier” – Veronika
“My dog Bosch LOVES this oil. I add it to every meal, and the first thing he does is lick it off the food! His coat is noticeably shiny, and I love that it aids in keeping him healthy and mobile! it’s also GREAT value for money, a bottle will last us a long time!” – Holly
“My dogs love this on their kibble. It’s been good for their skin and coat. Even my old boy’s coat has been looking healthy and shiny.” – Meagan
Lenox, C. E. (2016). Role of dietary fatty acids in dogs & cats. ACVN Nutrition Notes. 83-90. https://todaysveterinarypractice.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/08/TVP_2016-0910_NN-FattyAcids.pdf